Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Sunday in Review

I gave up reading blogs and Facebook for Lent, except for Sundays which is supposed to be a break from the fast anyways. I'm going to post some bullet points of our week on Sundays during Lent.
  • For some reason Eden decided to wake up at 4 a.m. on Ash Wednesday which means EVERYONE was up. We made it to 7:30 Mass no problem and as usual I think they were the only small children there. The other bright side was they were asleep by 7:30 and we were asleep by 8.
  • I read a recommendation on another blog about the Leapfrog Letter Factory video. I got it at the library and didn't think Eden would be interested in it but she LOVES it.
  • Steve is re-reading The Artist's Way this week and is considering starting it again in order to jumpstart his creative side. I'm reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years even though I said I was going to read Jesus of Nazareth for Lent. I bought it at the Border's Clearance so I'll have plenty of time to get to it.
  • I heard Fr. Corapi talk about how Mary was his "broker". He trusts her with his spiritual "investments" and he likes his ROI. I like that.
  • Steve took a gardening class in Palo Alto by the guy that wrote this book: How to Grow More Vegetables and Fruits (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine. I accused him of hanging out with "the hippie, liberal elite" but he said they were just "apocalyptic".
  • When I heard about the tsunami on the radio, I turned on the TV to see the coverage. This was during Eden's usual PBS time and I tried to explain to her about a tsunami and all she could say was, "I don't want to watch the tsu-mami" but imagine that said super whiny.
  • We ate yummy blueberry pancakes with my parents on Mardi Gras. I still have my Mardi Gras decorations up. This means the St. Patrick's decorations will still be up well past the 17th.
  • I got to hold two super sweet little baby boys, Jack and Colin. Maybe a glimpse into the future??
  • Anna says so many new words and sings along to almost all of the Cat in the Hat songs that Eden (and me!) sing over and over.
  • When I'm making dinner, I make up new lyrics to this song and Eden sings it too!
  •  
     That is it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment