Friday, March 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes March 7

1. I love March!! So many fun things. Spring training, St. Patrick's day, March Madness and my birthday!!  We have almost everything ready to wear for "leprechaun day" but Anna really wants a green tutu like they had at party city. I wanted to find a cheaper one but haven't been able to find anything yet.

2.  Do you have a park that you hate going to but the kids love it? We went to that one this week and I was more freaked out than usual because a couple just let their big dogs run around with no leashes. Control your dogs people especially with little kids around. 


3.  Steve made this gumbo recipe last Sunday.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/shrimp-and-andouille-gumbo-recipe0.html
The spice was good but with the shrimp stock, it tasted too fishy for me. But if you like that sort of thing, you should check this out. There was a lot of prep which I was glad not to be a part of.

4. I loved this little paragraph from Magnificat this morning:

Fasting is a form of self-deprivation that deepens our appreciation of and longing for the food we really need.  The reason why Christ's disciples do not fast is because they have given themselves over to Jesus who is their Food.  We fast in order to seek him day after day and to desire more to know his ways. We fast so that this Lent Christ will become our All.

5.  Eden was so proud of this paper. It is her progress report for Lexia, the reading program at school. 
  
6.   I forgot to post this pic from our winter vacation a couple of weeks ago. 

7.  Eden is still doing her evaluations and I'm getting anxious for her results. Her teacher gave her high remarks this afternoon for what he has tested so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment