Saturday, April 30, 2011

JP Two, We Love You!

The upcoming beatification of John Paul II has brought me back to my visit to Rome in the Jubilee year 2000. I feel so grateful and blessed that I was able to see this great man in person. I can't believe it has been 11 years.....

This was a photo from his Wednesday audience in May 2000.
Thanks to Cathy's friend, Fr. Joe Fowler, we were able to sit above the square just to the left of where JP II sat. We were so close to him, it was awesome!

This is my "posed" picture with the Swiss Guard. I LOVE those guys! My favorite part of the picture is his strict gaze on the pope.

We also happened upon his appearance at the Colosseum for an ecumenical service. Since we didn't know it was happening, we are very far away but I promise he is there on that stage.
We had such a great time!
We love you Papa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment